Ursin - PvP Server

Baelgun - PvE Server

Monday, November 19, 2007

Something I have noticed

When I am fighting I prefer mobs that are 1~8 levels above me. 1~5 if Elite. Generally my pet has no issue holding aggro on a mob. But last night after being frustrated with a quest in Dustwallow Marsh. I was called up by a guildie who needed help in Hinterlands with a quest that was in the 49~52 range. With out hesitation I was there. It took him longer to get there due to the curse of being a hunter than it did me as I already dealt with this curse just before resuming my frustrations in Dustwallow.

So I get to Hinterlands and swallow up all the quests I left after getting my flight point last time I was there cause I knew I was too low to survive long in the zone. But 5 levels later I am back. We go to the Troll temple there and go all through it. I am drawing aggro like crazy proxmity or while fighting. My pet just cant hold it. The mobs were high enough that my kitty was getting resisted on almost everything and his DPS was abysmal. Being 6 levels lower than the other hunter I did about 40% of the DPS though with all things considered. I of course am BM spec, he on the other hand is MM speced. He was still very impressed that I was able to deal the ammount of dmg that I was even though the mobs had me cold a few times. Resisted my FD about 50% of the time and my traps about the same. Kiting and snare was my best friend unless I knew I would aggro more mobs. Depending on what we were doing or what was around I would aggro them and lead them all on a merry chase. That would be when I would have 1 he would have 1 and I would only grab one other. If I knew I would bring the total over 3 I would just sit there trying to generate as much dmg as I was able using pots and everything I could to stay alive.

All in all we got the quest completed for him, I got though 1 quest and most of the way through another while I was there. Tonight I will be working on more of them to clear out my quest log, I have about 23~24 quests right now and I need that number to be lower so when I go into Instances I have the ability to accept shared ones if they are available.

Guess the only real counter to pets being able to hold aggro is their level so the aggro spells don't get resisted as much. Hopefully I don't move too fast up in level so my pet will follow. I can complete several quests a day as I have noticed and have almost out leveled my pet by 2 levels.

No comments: