Ursin - PvP Server

Baelgun - PvE Server

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Fun story

While reading Outland-Bound I was reminded of a PUG I was on this weekend. I am running around leveling to 38 Friday night so I can BG's to my hearts content Saturday and Sunday to get marks for gear. I get invited by a tank that I have grouped with to good results with before. So I decide to stop what I am doing and go to the other end of the continent for Scarlet Monastery. We start out with the Cathedral, now I have soloed in there to good effect if I am very careful and manage my crowd control properly, now I can't get past the first CY solo but theres good exp to be had and deacent cash and gear for the trash drops.

So we get there and get going. Group is as follows, Tank, Rogue, Mage, Priest(Holy), Hunter(Me). We clear the first hall to the CY and get ready to go in. I am trying to keep up with pulls and marks but its about futile, we are killing to fast and moving too much. We get into the CY and start the mass slaughter no less than 3 to 5 mobs in camp every pull so for me its pet on one, I'm on another and every time its up Multi-Shot. The mage isnt even bothering with CC we have too many AE's going off (moslty his) and the mobs are falling over fast. My hardest thing was to have CS ready to snare the runners as we were killing so fast we could have 2 or 3 at a time. One pull we have 2 and I pop off with Multi-Shot and I see 3 shots leave me heading out. I started to freak out cause I didnt see the mob that the 3rd shot was going for. Then I saw the impact and the name it hit. It was one of the 5hp critters that was under the tanks feet. Poor bunny didnt stand a snow balls chance in hell aginst my dps. CRIT(200) poped up from the little bunny. I started laughing my arse off on that one. The Mage and Priest saw the shot and labeled me bunny killer for the instance.

The rest of the run went about like the first, high DPS plow fest. We managed in 2 hours to clear Cathedral, Armory, and 1/2 of Library we only went for the beastmaster.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Psycho & Chaos!!

What kind of tank was it? And did they hold aggro well when AoE'ing?

Im levelling a pallytank currently, and am having great fun pulling 5-10 mobs and having my AoE team unleash (and our hunter do his scatter/multi shot).

Sounds like you were getting a few runners though! Was the mage pulling the mobs off the tank?
hehe

http://sealofrogueshness.blogspot.com

Psycho & Chaos said...

Tank was warrior I will ask him his spec when I see him online tonight.

Funny part is we did Armory again last night in SM. Check back a bit later today for that post. Have to satisfy the boss before I go over board on posting stuff.

Anonymous said...

Ahh cool - you will generally find warriors have a harder time tanking during an AoE fest than a pally :p

Oo sweet deal is no that 2.3 is out you can SEE his spec by inspecting him.

It seems like u blasted through there in record time tho :)

http://sealofrogueshness.blogspot.com