Ursin - PvP Server

Baelgun - PvE Server

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Backtracking

Occasionally as you grind, quest, pug your way through the levels you find you need to backtrack to complete things that you missed while you were going through. From the hunter prespective this is time consuming. Putting pets in the stable running around learning skills that you didn't get the first time through. I spent most all of last night doing this. I call it one the necessary evils of the class. I know I am still not done, theres many places I have yet to go to fill out all my pet abilities that I am able to get at 30. I know it sounds odd but I want them all. That way any pet I decide to pick up in the future will have all the skills available to him to learn. Also you have to look at your factioning. This will mean completing low level intro quests from other starting zones. Being s Troll I mitigate some of that by being able to faction Ogerimar and Darkspear at the same time. Ratchet comes with the barrens and Straglethorn Vale quests. Unfortunatly this makes it difficult to do all the quests necessary to level Undercity and Silvermoon factions. I will be going back and doing those a few at a time. Right now I am loaded up with Hillsbrad quests and will get all of them done first. Then I will move on to Stranglethorn and Barrens quests.

Yes I know this will take longer but I would rather get them out of the way now while I am still lower in level than do them later when I am trying to get things done in Outland. I am going to try and complete all the quests as I level. I do know that this is going to be almost impossible at some points due to no one working some instances though. Those I will decide as I go through as to if I keep them or not. Doing this does many things. Keeps me busy for one. Allows me to connect all my flight paths. Explore every zone I am able to and get the maps opened up. I have most of the Azuremyst and Bloodmyst Isle's. As many of you know your faction can do many things for you. Reducing costs in a city to being able to ride different mounts. Anyways back to the pets.

After running all over the place I have got me a new PvP pet. Enraged Ravager from Bloodmyst. Now all I need to do is level him up and train him as the points come available. I am also thinking of replacing my current Lion with the Ghost from the top of Darkshore's Ruins of Mathystra by opening the cat figurines found on the ground. I know many of the skills are not able to be learned till higher levels like Dash 32. But that will not stop me from making sure that any level pet I have will be able to use a skill I have for it. Also while all this is going on I am making sure I keep up with my weapon skills. I think the only skills I have completly put off so far is Crossbow's, Thrown, and to a lesser extent Cooking and Fishing. I am working on fishing but its not what I am focused on at this time.

No comments: